Late summer greetings from me,
Kelly at the Korner.
While I’m excited for all the new fall collections arriving at Urban, I insist on clinging to summer just a wee bit longer. Summer goes by way too quickly doesn’t it? I’m giving the arrival of fall the ol’ raspberry and sharing a few scrappy-techniques I used to create texture on this layout.
1. Cut a photo into a flag shape and use it in your banner
2. Nervous about stamping on your back ground paper? Stamp an extra piece, then colour it and add it back to your layout.
3. Use rubber stamps that ‘look’ like spots and blots to get them in the exact place you desire.
4. Rather than adding it flat, give shape to cutout’s by rolling on a pencil, paint brush or pick. Like my flowers and leaves here.
5. Stamp shapes twice and pop up pieces of it (see below)
6. Wrap simple thread around some pieces, to easily add extra texture
Need a close-up?
This cute little Polaroid camera is a stamp by Altnew. Here’s how I added extra interest, simply stamped and coloured the image twice.
Then popped up the camera lens and flash.
It’s easy to add dimension with Pop-up dots or squares. I always use both, Thin and 3D Pop-ups to take some items off the page. Here, the smallest photo, the word happy, the coloured circle stamp and the arrow are all popped up. What do you think? Better than flat?
Do you have great memories to scrap from this summer too? I hope so. This fun and colourful paper collection, Sunshine and Happiness by Simple Stories is still available at The Urban Scrapbook. Come by and say hi!
For The Urban Scrapbook